Jim Shiebler, CCIM, CEC
Senior Vice President Investments
Jim Shiebler, CCIM, is a Senior Vice President Investments Broker in the Tampa office of Marcus & Millichap Real Estate Investment Services. He focuses his expertise on Single-Tenant Net-Lease Restaurant assets throughout the Southeast U.S. and Multi-Tenant Retail properties throughout Western Florida. As a specific market and product type skilled professional, he specializes in the acquisition, disposition, and exchange of investment-grade retail properties.
Prior to joining Marcus & Millichap’s Tampa / Ft. Myers office, Mr. Shiebler previously held various prestigious executive positions operating hotels, resorts, casinos, and restaurants throughout the nation and achieving numerous distinctions, accolades, national awards, and esteemed levels of recognition, including operating Conde Nast Best New Restaurant and Best New Hotel in the world. Mr. Shiebler also possesses the Certified Executive Chef (C.E.C.) designation from the American Culinary Federation, Inc. (ACF), the nation’s largest organization of professional chefs.
Mr. Shiebler transitioned to commercial real estate investment sales to leverage his comprehensive understanding of retail properties. Having previously owned and operated restaurants, he brings a unique perspective to his work on behalf of investors. His food and beverage expertise and Florida market knowledge provide him with a unique skill set to advise clients to maximize their return on investment. These services include but are not limited to advisory, underwriting, valuation, sale, and acquisition strategies for investors and developers.
At Marcus & Millichap, a firm with over 2,000 investment professionals in 80 offices in the U.S. and Canada, Jim’s core principles include a foundation of strong, fundamentally “Client-centric” business practices that help him achieve and maintain value-added relationships with owners through their holds and transactions. His value propositions are:
- To assist his clients in building and preserving wealth
- Demonstrate a commitment second to none
- Leave no stone unturned in selling client’s assets for the absolute highest price
- Consistently delivers results
- Consistently ranked #1 in multiple offices in call volume year over year
- Philosophy is that Real Estate is “Sold” and not bought
- #1 Broker in Entire Tampa Office (#7 sales volume office in the country) Measured by Overall Sales Per Month During Tenure
- Closed Over $725M+ in Sales Transaction Volume Over the Past 6 Years
- 6 Marcus & Millichap Title Promotions in the Past 6 years
- Possesses CCIM Certification, Considered the Ph.D. of Commercial Real Estate, from CCIM Institute
- 6 Consecutive Year CoStar Power Broker Award Winner
- Led 4 Florida Offices in Overall Call Volume for the Past 6 Consecutive Years Out of 100+ Agents
- Averages 96% List-to-Close Ratio
- The Only National Broker Physically Located in Southwest Florida Which Offers True Market Expertise
In 2019 and 2020 alone, Jim closed almost 70 retail transactions totaling well over $200MM in transaction volume.
Some of his recognition and awards include:
- CCIM Member
- National Achievement Award 2022, 2021, 2019
- CoStar Power Broker of the Year Recipient – Six Consecutive Years
- Marcus & Millichap Career Senior Investment Advisor Inductee 2021
- Director – Net Lease Properties Division
- Director – Retail Properties Division
- Certified Executive Chef – American Culinary Federation
- Sales Achievement Award 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Break Out Agent of the Year 2017
- Rookie of the Year Award 2016