Senior Vice President Investments
James Medefind is a Senior Vice President of Investments with Marcus & Millichap and is based in Tampa, Florida. He exclusively sells retail shopping centers and net-leased properties throughout the southeast United States. He has been recognized by numerous publications and associations for his professionalism and accomplishments including the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Top 30 Under 30 and a finalist for CREW Tampa Bay’s Sales Transaction of the Year. He consistently earns Marcus & Millichap’s National Achievement Award, which is bestowed to the top 10 percent of agents internationally.
James founded Medefind Retail in 2010 after identifying a need in the marketplace for local investors to have better access to private capital from outside the local market. By strategically attracting buyers from major markets like Chicago, New York, California, Canada and South America, James is able to push the envelope and consistently set record prices for his clients.
Clients have praised James’ ability to generate a large number of offers in a short period of time, ensuring that they maintain leverage and do not leave any money on the table when selling their investment properties. Mr. Medefind prides himself on thinking outside the box and creates a customized marketing plan for each listing to ensure his clients obtain the highest proceeds possible in the shortest amount of time.
Recognition and Awards
- National Achievement Award – 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Sales Recognition Award – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Marcus & Millichap Top Producer (Tampa Office) – 2019, 2020
- #8 Ranked Shopping Center Broker Companywide
- Over $900 Million in Closed Transactions
- Tampa Bay Business Journal – Up & Comer Award
- CREW Tampa Bay – Transaction of the Year Finalist
- Published Contributor – Shopping Center Business Magazine
Professional & Charitable Affiliations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Tampa Bay
- Junior Achievement
- Metropolitan Ministries
- Ronald McDonald House of Tampa Bay – Executive Board Member